Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Surface Forums

A few weeks back we were lucky enough to hosted three surface forums at the Arrowmont campus. Unfortunately I (HP) didn’t really get to spend as much time conversing with all of the people who came for the forum as I would have liked. The forums were loosely structured invitational gatherings which allow the artists to work in a open format in tandem with each other. The forums included a ceramics forum organized by former artist in residence Jason Burnett as well as a textile and metals forum. I unfortunately did not get to peak in on the metals forum but I did manage to snap a few photos of fibers and ceramics.If you are ever invited to attend one of these they are a fantastic opportunity to not only experience Arrowmont and Gatlinburg during the winter and a great chance to make art and get feed back from your peers. Enjoy! -HP



























1 comment:

  1. I would love to stop by. But, I think it might have to wait until this summer. I did not know that Serlkay had ever expanded its size. I must say that a succesful family owned business in this day and age is a very refreshing sight! As well as this is a very refreshing site!
    webmaster forum

    ReplyDelete